By Madeleine Lee
All photos by Madeleine Lee
Vibe Foods Superfood Bar opened in Memphis on October 5th, and this gem of a restaurant has brought a new layer of good vibes to my life ever since. Vibe serves acai bowls, smoothies, coffee, tea, juice and more.
Vibe Foods (@vibefoodssuperfoodbar) was founded by the Weston family right outside of Denver, Colorado in a town called Lone Tree, Colorado. 3139 Poplar Avenue in Memphis is their second location, and the Weston family hopes to continue expanding. They strongly believe that food can be medicine and can leave someone feeling great and “VIBErant.”
The founders and workers at Vibe are committed to serving nutritious food containing all natural and fresh ingredients. However, I love that their food sustains not only my physical health, but my mental health. When I eat a bowl from Vibe, I know that it is nourishing my body, but I also know I am not depriving myself of necessary nutrients. Because truthfully, food really should make us happy. To me, Vibe Foods is the perfect balance of happy and healthy.
Going into 2021, I’ve been focusing on “choosing my vibe.” Upon entering Vibe Foods, there is a banner featuring different “vibes” that you have the power to choose: peaceful, beautiful, glowing, loving and many more. That banner is a reminder that I get to choose my mindset, and prioritizing my health, mental and physical, is a big part of that.
Here are some of my picks from Vibe that I would recommend trying:
1.The Big Blue (bowl): This bowl is probably my favorite. It includes blue majik, pineapple, bananas and coconut water and is topped with granola, blueberries, and coconut chips. This bowl makes me feel like I’m in Hawaii. It’s sweet but not too sweet and has great flavor, leaving me energized for the day.
2. Cacao Wow (bowl): I recently tried this bowl and have fallen in love. It is definitely on the more filling side, but it tastes like healthy ice cream. It has bananas, cacao, peanut butter, protein, spinach and almond milk and is topped with granola, strawberries, coconut chips and cacao nibs.
3. Island Berry (bowl): This delicious and refreshing dose of acai is blended with mangos, strawberries and coconut water. It is topped with granola, honey, more mango, lime juice, more strawberries and coconut chips. Delicious and nutritious.
4. Super Coffee (smoothie): This is my favorite smoothie on the menu. I love coffee, but sometimes it makes me too jittery by itself. This smoothie is a perfect blend of coffee, almond milk, banana, superfood creamer, protein, cinnamon, turmeric and almond butter. I’ve been trying to recreate this at home, but nothing beats Vibe’s version.
5. The Blue (juice/lemonade): Here I am again with the blue majik. This drink contains fresh squeezed lemon juice, stevia, water and of course, blue majik. I am very excited for summer because I know that this refreshing drink will hit the spot in the Memphis heat. “The pink” is a similar drink, but it contains fresh pitaya instead of blue majik.
6. Merry Mint (bowl): I included this bowl at the end because it is a winter seasonal item, so it will be leaving the menu at the end of January. However, if you like peppermint, hurry to Vibe Foods and try this. It tastes like mint chocolate chip but with wonderful nutrients that will leave you feeling great. It includes banana, spirulina, peppermint, protein and maca and is topped with granola, coconut, strawberries and vegan chocolate chips.
Sending happy vibes your way!
For & By Students
Our website videos were made in partnership with St. Mary's video-making publication, Bella Vista.
Click on the author or artist's name to view more of her work!
HAVE AN ARTICLE IN MIND?