This year, Halloween will look a little different. It might be spent at home in our room eating store-bought candy. Perhaps you are going out to safely trick-or-treat with your friends, or maybe you are watching “Hocus Pocus” with your mom. Any of these options work, but if you are looking for an awesome costume to wear, knocking on doors or lazing around the house, I have the easiest and cheapest costume ideas for you.
1) Joe Exotic from the hit Netflix TV show Tiger King. All you need are some cowboy boots, a plaid shirt, a cowboy hat, and some jeans. Take a marker and draw on a fake goatee. If it’s not in your closet, it’s probably in your dad’s closet or at Walmart.
Photo courtesy US Magazine
2) Cheetah Girls. All you will need is a headband, a colorful tracksuit, and an animal-print tank top that matches your tracksuit. You can get all of these from Target.
Photo courtesy of Keshia Sih
3) Rapper. Eat a bunch of candy, throw on a black shirt and pants and stick the candy wrappers onto yourself. Maybe throw on a cap to spice it up a little.
Photo courtesy of Pikrepo
4) Lara Croft is the main character of the 2001 movie “Lara Croft: Tomb Raider.” She is an archeologist who explores ruins around the world while avoiding trouble. Get a green tank top and some black shorts. Take some headbands and put them underneath the shorts. Put some twigs in a bag. These clothing items can all be found at Target or Walmart for a cheap price!
Photo courtesy of Wikimedia
5) 2020 trash. Get a trash bag and cut out holes for your arms and head. Then, tape a sign on top of it all that says “2020.”
Photo courtesy of Pixabay
Just because 2020 has not been the best year, doesn’t mean that this Halloween has to be any less fun.
For & By Students
Our website videos were made in partnership with St. Mary's video-making publication, Bella Vista.
Click on the author or artist's name to view more of her work!
HAVE AN ARTICLE IN MIND?